Modern Fantasy Roleplaying Site

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Revamping Site/Universe! [IN PROGRESS] | Updating Lore! Please feel free to register and accompany us on this journey!
Latest topics
» Narry was here 2023
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 am by Narora Araragi

» Yui on Ice (August 1st 2014) (Open, No fighting 2 people)
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm by Arkian Aviskus

» Virgin blood (Open) (Pm me first)
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 9:50 am by Jean Archer

» New day
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 pm by Jean Archer

» A Case of high fever (Open)
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 10:10 pm by Arkian Aviskus

» New Experince (Private, Chronus-Jean)
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 pm by Jean Archer

» Red Discord (Ariko)
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 9:40 pm by Ariko

» Murder most foul (Open)
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 am by Arkian Aviskus

» Tea for Two (Closed)
Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 pm by Arkian Aviskus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:50 pm
Looking For...
Need:
Everything!

Discouraged:
None! Make any kind of character now!
Statistics
Student 0 0 0
Student Prefect 0 0 0
Freelance Mage 0 0 0
Teacher 0
Staff 0
Abnormal 0 0
Others
0 0 0
Archmage
0 0
Total 00

Top posters
Almanac
Gisei (Ariko) Vote_lcapGisei (Ariko) Voting_barGisei (Ariko) Vote_rcap 
Arkian Aviskus
Martel Yggdrasill
Kasai
Ariko
Lasira Angel
Alexial Carstairs
Shadow
Chronus
Jean Archer

Gisei (Ariko)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariko
Student
Ariko

Male

Gisei (Ariko) Empty
PostSubject: Gisei (Ariko)   Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 4:00 am

Weapons

Gisei the DarkCalibur

Darkness Cursed Blade

Owner:Ariko Usuziniragi (Current), Many many before

Appearance:
Length/Height: 70.6 cm
Width/Girth: 1.56 inches at peak
Weight: 3.6 lbs

Description: Gisei the DarkCalibur is a very unique sword. The pummel is a demon/dragon head that is black and grey in colour while the handle is very comfortable to wield with strips and layers of leather along with other grippy substances in its internal. The sword itself is very unique with a slight curve yet retaining an almost perfect balance. It lacks any sort of guard and as such isn't used for such usage and would require the user to excel at parrying. Its shine when in light is off, the most accurate description of it being a "Dark Shine" with the reflection blinding people not like normal shining that "It's too bright" and more "There's a deep shadow". This blade is extremely sharp, superior to that of a Katana or Gladius and easily capable of piercing traditional Plate Armour.

Enhancements:

1. Ever Darkness: The Blade has a unique ability of "Self Regeneration" in all basic words. As long as there is magic to siphon and use, the blade will forever retain its form; including its Sharpness, durability, lack of rust, shine and more. However a lack of magic power would result in any dullage and damage to stay and require extremely precise upkeep if done traditionally instead of feeding the sword magic.
  2. Soul Siphon: The main and notorious curse of the blade is its ability to siphon and take magic from its user. After the course of a minute, any average mage would have all their magic siphoned and taken by force at which point the blade would then "consume" their very soul. A very notable exception to this rule is Ariko's bloodline as his father is capable of wielding the sword with no ill-effects (At least for awhile). The magic that's siphoned goes to its other enhancement or if in combat, try to "Upgrade" itself. Theoretically the blade would get more powerful the more souls it consumes via kills. Another previous enhancement it had in the past would be the ability to siphon magic via damage to the enemy rather than purely the user; however this ability has not been seen until the final Key probably due to the deprivation of magic or souls it's had for long periods of time and as such could be a potential future feature.

Full Darkness:
Siphon Ups:

History:
Gisei the Dark Calibur is infamous in history with many different names and across cultures. It was forged with the foundation being a singular gem that was said to have come out of the very darkest star there is, with traces of this gem able to be seen back in early human history. Many blacksmiths; magic or no magic has tried to forge a sword with this gem at its core and each failed; with each generation having that one Noble that wants this blade completed no matter what for the "Ultimate Weapon". This cycle kept going on with the gem getting stronger and stronger as the generations went by until the late Dark Ages where an aspiring Blacksmith was able to forge the blade with material from a volcano along with unknown metals that were found close to the rifts. However even this blacksmith was unable to wield it properly and soon succumbed to the blade as well.

The blade has had many owners since then and has found its way into the Uzsuziniragi family tree; with its current owner being Ariko. This blade has went into obscurity as the Uszuziniragi family has since sealed it away and (attempted to) never let it take another soul again. At present, it is kept in a case that has many sealing runes, incantations and emblems embedded, stuck onto, and cast upon the case. The sheath it is kept in also has chains, leather strips and ribbons that keep the sword from coming out of the sheath along with more sealing runes and incantations with a ceramic sealing crest in its hilt. These extreme precautions allowed Ariko to completely hide its identity and obscure its cursed nature from others while also negating its Soul Siphoning ability via the insane amount of seals on its sheath.
Back to top Go down
Martel Yggdrasill

Martel Yggdrasill

Female

Gisei (Ariko) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gisei (Ariko)   Gisei (Ariko) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 am

Hello Ariko i am here to review your sword (or try at least) ill give you my best shot at it, but your still going to need a second review for a full approval. sorry about the ridiculously long wait time

With all of that out of the way let`s give it a shot shall we!

~Enchantments~

1. Ever Darkness: Please explain to me a bit in more detail how this sword absorbs magic, does it need to be touched by living tissue? im assuming it can`t absorb from the air (since you stated that it can rust). Can it absorb someone`s magic if their skin is not directly in contact? (like cloth, armour) How about Demi-humans and other Demonic entities how are they affected by the sword? can they wield it? Can the sword be broken/weakened by holy attribute magic and if so what are the effects?

2. Soul Siphon: This ability is extremely powerful and it could easily be misused, im assuming that this ability is passive correct? if so please state so in the application above. It sounds like you want to give this sword a mind of its own. Does that mean Ariko could also die from overusing the sword? i know you gave us a small hint about it but i would prefer if you didn`t hide it so much.

Key 3.
seems mostly like an effect of visual change. Altrough what do you mean by afterimage? do you mean to tell me its moving faster than the eye can correctly probe it? or does it cause hallucinations? please be more descriptive!

Key 2.
These "cursed flames" are white and black, do they release heat? can these flames catch other things on fire? or is it there just for show?, you meantioned at the end that the sword can toy with your emotions if over used, if so to what level? how much does its weight increase if at all?

Key 1.
You stated that it increases in size. Then that means it becomes heavier as well? could you add the weight of the sword as well that would be greatly appreciated. This ability needs to be nerfed immensly if i understood it correctly, you state that the "general statistics" of the user would be maximised? what do you mean by that? Are you here to say that all your attributes would become somehow S rank or more? this is a BIG no no, be more precise with your description please!
Finally you state that this ability is damaging to magics? what do you mean by that? you mean other magics of people right? In which way? does it need to be in direct contact?

Key 0. [Full darkness]
What do you mean by siphoning other peoples magic? i assumed it could do that from the start? are you saying it can absorb magic just by being in its vinicity? if so how close would you have to be? and how fast does it actually absorb the magic? (and no it should not be able to kill someone with this ability just drain their magic, that would be a bit too much in my opinion)

History:

I would like to pose one simple question, you can PM it if you don`t want to add it here, how come Ariko`s father allowed Ariko to wield the sword, despite obviously knowing of its dark past, and how dangerous it is. What`s more allow it to be brought it to the academy at that knowing that it is a breach in protocol. I know he is a mafia boss, but still i cannot comprehend how a leader (much less a father) could bring himself such responcibility knowing his sons carefree nature.

That is all, there are a lot of unanswered questions, lots of blanks to fill, im hoping that it does not take as long for you to fill in the gaps as it took for someone like me to review it.

That is all!
Mod Hikaru ~
Back to top Go down

Gisei (Ariko)
Page 1 of 1